CQ borders question

quiltingtina

Hi Tina,

I'm not real sure what the problem is but about a week ago Suzanne Moreno posted a message on the CQ Digitizers board helping one of our members with a similar problem getting the border pattern to fit between the corners that she had already quilted. I think what she said might help you. I am posting part of her answer below.

The correction for this probelm is on the Execute Page. When you are running a border between corners, jog the machine to the point where you want the border design to start (remember you have alreay entered the height you desire and the approximate quilted width on your Set-up Page). Enter Pattern Start - as you do this a box opens and says, "Confirm - Turn off x offsets? Yes or No" whenever you want a border design to run between corners, say NO, the default answer is Yes so you have to say No. See this in your CQ Software Manual under "Offsets".

Now jog the machine to where you want the pattern to end and

click "Pattern End". This will cause your screen to jump back to

the Set Up Page for you to see what the exact quilted width is and to tweak your design size if you want. Make any final adjustments to your border size if needed, then go to the Execute Page and click "Go to Zero". CQ will move back to zero, where you click Run, and stitch your design. CQ will exactly start and stop where you have indicated, and it will accommodate the angle of the sewing path just in case the quilt is not loaded exactly square.

I hope Suzanne's explanation helps you out.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I am pretty sure that I turned offsets off...I'm still doing everything with the manual open, double and triple checking. I can't wait until things stick in my brain more and I can just sew.

Also, I joined your CD Digitizers group this weekend. It is very interesting, but Ihave a hard time finding stuff on it so far. I just need to learn how to navigate on Yahoo. Is it appropriate to post CQ questions there? Scrolling back, all I could find were digitizing posts.

Thanks again,

Tina

Originally posted by quiltingtina

I just found the post on CQ Digitizers that you were talking about. I'll try to use the boundary feature as suggested by Linda. I'll let you know what happens.

Tina

Tina, I think if you are working with a border that the information Suzanne gave will work better than the boundary feature. I use the boundary feature when I want to place something inside an area such as an oval, triangle, etc. - not the border.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have not had any time to get into my studio, but I think I understand now. I just read the follow-up post on CQ Digitizers. I think that I must have pressed no instead of yes accidentally since no is the default (pressed enter rather than clicking on yes. I hope that made sense.

I should be able to get to the machine tonight, so I'll let you know if that solves the problem.

Tina

Tina,

If you pressed enter, you selected the default - the default is YES. You have to click NO in the situation described above. You can read about this in your CompuQuilter Manual under "Offsets". Best Wishes ;)

- Suzanne Moreno :cool:

Digitizing for CompuQuilter Instructor

cqdigi@charter.net

Archived