connecting threads- new- help me decide!!

Guest Linda S

You're right Pat. I do get lots of bargains on line, but believe me, I share the wealth with the local quilt shops as well. I often meet my clients at the local shops, and I've ended up introducing some of them to shops they didn't know were there. This can, of course, induce buying. I generally buy at least something as a courtesy for briefly using their premises.

This thread got me to thinking , in another direction of course! My mother talks about growing up on a farm in northern MN . They were really isolated and cash poor and Norwegians who spoke little English, BUT they liked to look at the catalog, I imagine it must have been a Sears, probably 2 years out of date! But , if you think about it, it isn't so very different from e commerce, we look it up online, but can't know if it will fit, or what the color really is, or how it feels. Perhaps we are heading back that direction, but I know that people still really , really , need that place to gather, whether it is the church as it was in my mother's childhood, or the library in my childhood, or the quilt store as it is for me now. I need it as much or more than the fabric itself. Pat

I wish there was a LQS close by me. The closest one was about 30 miles but it has closed:( so the next closest one is about 45 miles). Since the TIA's I don't drive much and when I do it is mostly to go into our little town for groceries. The only way I have to get fabric is online. It isn't the same as being able to see and touch but I am so thankful for it! I stock quite a lot of fabric and often sell it to my customers.

Archived