Machine Gliding

My machine seems to glide so easily when I have completed about 3 or more rows of pantos. It seems to work so much better when there is more of the sandwich on the takeup roller and less on the quilt top roller. What adjustment do I need to make so that the machine head alwys glides that smoothly?

Hi Marie

You can adjust the height of your top roller. Grab a buddy and have them hold one side of the pole while you unscrew the black bolt at the other end. Now both of you turn those shiny silver hip bolts to raise them up. Maybe you only need to turn about 1/2" or so but make sure they are both at the same height and not too high or you will experiance vibration. Now put the poles back in and see if that's better. That should do it for ya, but holler if you need further assistance.

Thank you for the advice, Sherry. I'm amazed that you have time to communicate considering all the work you are doing on the fabulous lime quilt. I did raise the top bar because it was not level as I had thought and things are working much better now. I really appreciate your taking time to help me out!!

Guest Linda S

Raising that quilt roller can really help. It also makes more room for an extended base if you are going to do ruler work from the front of the quilt.

Isn't our Sherry amazing? I think it shows how much genuine love of quilting she has (and also a caring, sharing heart) when she shares so much with us!

Linda

Archived