Long Stitches

Hi Mary Beth,

When doing SID, remember not to push down too hard while holding the rulers. This will cause the back wheels to come up slightly and cause the SR to not read the movements of the wheels and then you get the long stitches.

Hope that helps, if not, don't forget to call in and speak to one of the gals. Amy or Amber.

Take care,

I don't know if someone out there can help me today...but I am still having this same problem and I thought it was because I am working on a top that has a lot of bias triangles and it just feels like it is woobly. But just now I was trying to SID and nothing would move, then when it did take a stitch my machine made that sound it makes when it needle up/down - kind of a hum - and my needle broke. Help!! My needles have never just broke like that.

Mary,

I can't help with the long stitch on the SID. I have had my needle break when crossing a place where several seams came together. Last time I did that it not only broke the needle, it moved the needle bar out of place. I had to take off the front cover and the left side cover and put the needle bar back to the right place.

When I did the froggie quilt I was going very slowly and I noticed that the SR would move back and forth and sometimes completely change position. That made my stitches vary in length, but they were always shorter than I had set, not longer.

Phyllis Hughes

Oklahoma City

This thing is acting quite strange. I have to get this quilt done - hopefully today, then I am going to go over it with a fine tooth comb and then load a practice piece and see what happens. I feels like it doesn't want to take a stitch and I am forcing it. Then when it does stitch it will take a couple and then slide and take another. I don't know what is wrong with it.

After reading through this forum and seeing some pictures and a description that Judy L gave sometime back I think my problem is my Stitch Regulator. I used my machine last night without it and there was no problem. I am thinking maybe I sould adjust the little black, rubber, wheel?? Hopefully that will help. Thank you for your thoughts this weekend in trying to help. And a special thanks to Jeanne for offering the use of her machine to help me get this quilt done by Christmas. It is nice to have another quilting buddy so close.

Archived