New m&m wheels installed...now what ?

I have the new m&m wheels installed but now the machine seems to sit much higher which the quilting area seems drooping off to the sides ,is there another adjustment to raise the fabric ,I have the old style frame . A big thank you to APQS and staff also ,I ordered the wheels late weds. morning and received them friday and I live all the way on the east coast,whew they are fast .

I am finally quilting !!! Just working out the tweeks now so I will be full of questions . Thanks ,Queenie

ok ,I think I fixed that problem but the big one is the old style magnetic channel locks sit almost or about a half inch from the magnetic strip ,I alined the decoder wheels to fit the m&m wheels ,do I just add some kind of spacers/metal washers to lower( magnetic barrels ) them ? I love these new m&m wheels ,pantos are a breeze . I stripped a screw on the bottom grease cover so thats on hold ,got my motor brushes changed ,whew at the carbon black dust that came out ,so glad I took machine outdoors for that part of its tune-up .

Queenie,

If you have a leveler bar on that table frame, you may need to add extra washers under each of the end mounting ball joints to raise the bar slightly; the same is true for the quilt top roller. If the pick up roller is "spring loaded" then you'll simply loosen the knobs holding each end of the pick up roller lifting arm, and raise the roller accordingly.

Not sure if that answered your question. Let us know! :)

Archived