Quilting inside applique

I posted this as a reply in anothe thread but thought I would put it here as a new thread, too. I'm hearing a lot on the sites about quilting in the applique. I personaly usually love it. Here's the post tell me what you think!

Sticking my neck out again! I've loaded pics on my webshots of applique blocks I'm working on for a quilt for my daughter. The patterns are for Hawaiian applique in 15" blocks. Some of the patterns were for 22" blocks but I reduced them to fit in the 15" so the curves and points got really tight! I'm going to quilt it when I get my Millie next year, if I have it done by next year. I'm going to do intense fill and something different inside the applique on each block and use a batt with a lot of loft to make the applique pop, that way when I do a little somethin' - somethin inside the applique that will be noticable also. Hoping to do something like Joann Hoffman does when I get good enough. All the yellows and reds are all diffrent shades in those color families, all different types of patterns adn I'm putting it all together with a very black, black, black 1" sashing, same on the back and outside border. Opinions would be appreciated....

Archived