Best quilt label design software?

Hi,

I have finally finished my cousins' quilt. Now I am in need of information on free or really cheap, software to design my quilt label. I thought I saw a program online a year or so ago for about $19.00 or so, but now cannot locate it. Anyone have one they use and really like? I do have EQ 5, but, never used it enough to justify buying it, and now, can't figure it out enough to even print a quilt label.

Thanks for any help in advance.

At one time I printed my labels using Print Artist and Print Master. I don't know of any special program but you can use any word program and print it on the fabric! However the fabric must be treated and then the ink set. I think there some fabric sheets alresy to use on the market. GOOD LUCK!

Guest Linda S

Just use Word or WordPerfect or whatever you have on hand. You can bring in a picture, make it partially transparent, change your text, etc. I use the HP Bubble Jet Set to treat my fabric, but you can use pre-treated fabric like Printed Treasures, etc. Easy Peasy.

I do similar to Linda Steller. I just create my lable using MS Word or MS Publisher. I write the personalized message, then insert border designs using clipart, or a photo, or whatever. Then I load my ink jet printer with a Printed Treasures sheet and print it out. Then I peel off the backing, sew on an outer border and sew the label onto the quilt. Looks real nice and it's so easy. (and cheap)

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. You have given me some good ideas. I will have to buy the Printed Treasures fabric sheets.... I found another brand at Michaels. Unfortunately, I had left my specs at home and today when I was able to read the fine print, it says to dry clean or hand wash in cool water. Now, just when was the last time you dry cleaned a quilt? I know I don't ever dry clean or hand wash quilts. So another $ in the waste can.

I don't have any quilty clip art...will have to look online for some free ones.

Thanks a bunch ladies!

I use Printed Treasures fabric sheets in my ink jet printer without any trouble (hope I didn't jinx myself). I type out my message using Word, then hit print. I trim the label to the size I want & remove the paper backing. Next, I use a piece of fabric from my quilt and sew on a "frame.". I press this to heat set the ink, then sew my new label to my quilt. Done. This is easy, so I have no excuse not to make one for my quilts.

Sounds easy enough. I am planning to buy some of the Printed Treasure sheets as soon as I can make it to a JoAnns' store. All of the suggestions mention those and using word to design the labels. I certainly hate that I purchased the wrong kind of sheets .Thanks a bunch for all the information.

Archived