wide fabrics

I'll post my pitch on this thread too: Check out www.sewbatik.com. They have a terrific selection of 104 and 108" batik backing fabrics at very fair prices! Terry has quilted several of their "show" pieces, and we have been more than impressed with both the color and quality of their fabrics.

Guest Linda S

SewBatik does indeed have lovely fabric, but you will spend nearly double for a quilt backing from them compared to Christian Lane. You need 3.5 yards of 104-108" fabric to make a quilt backing. At Christian Lane, it will cost you about $30. At SewBatik, it will cost you $66.43.

Linda

We're talking BATIK fabric here... If you are comparing apples and apples, so be it, but I can also buy wide backings a-la-walmart and I don't compare them to batiks.

I have no affiliation, but hate to see you turn people off who have not seen/felt their fabrics.

Guest Linda S

Kathy - see my post on the other thing about wide fabrics. I hate to see you encourage people to spend a lot of money when they don't need to. We are talking apples to apples. Buy what you like if you can afford it.

Linda

Linda,

I'd prefer this off list, but in answer - IF you need a batik - nothing ELSE will do - that was all my apples to apples comment was intended to encompass! Most other companies do not have them... I in no way intended this to be a big deal!! Each can decide how much to spend without either you or me telling them.

My sister just happend to send me this out of the blue: http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/fabric.asp?fabric=wide_fabric

and it seems to have SUPER prices, so check them out too. No experience or affiliation with this one either, lol.

Archived