Leader fabric from Bayside Quilting

Has anyone used the leader fabric sold by Bayside Quilting in Olympia WA on their frame?

I am thinking about installing new leaders and like the look of the striped fabric Bayside offers. It comes in a few different colours and the stripes in the fabric would certainly help line things up. There is always an uncertainty when purchasing something sight unseen online though. Just wondering how sturdy the fabric is and how it holds up.

Thanks!

I haven't used it but I've seen it. It's not as heavy as the heavy canvas of the original leaders but feels like it would work fine. I'm tempted to buy as well, but have asked the Christmas fairy for new APQS leaders. One can't be too early with the hints ya know! ;)

Linda - lol, I thought you might have seen the fabric in person seeing as you are in Olympia. :D Actually you brought me to Bayside when I visited almost 5 years ago. Oh my! Where does time go?! It's good to know that the fabric is lighter. Not what I am looking for. Still working on possibly attending MQX West next week. Would love to see you again!.

Marci - sounds like the weight is lighter. Your suggestion of possibly ordering heavier and wider ticking is a great one that I hadn't even thought of! Will look in to that otherwise it will be tried and true APQS leaders.

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate them. Very helpful and informative members as always on this forum!

Linda - lol, I thought you might have seen the fabric in person seeing as you are in Olympia. :D Actually you brought me to Bayside when I visited almost 5 years ago. Oh my! Where does time go?! It's good to know that the fabric is lighter. Not what I am looking for. Still working on possibly attending MQX West next week. Would love to see you again!.

Marci - sounds like the weight is lighter. Your suggestion of possibly ordering heavier and wider ticking is a great one that I hadn't even thought of! Will look in to that otherwise it will be tried and true APQS leaders.

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate them. Very helpful and informative members as always on this forum!

Hi Colleen! We'll try to meet up at MQXWest--we're meeting for dinner on Thursday night if you're free.

Archived