How would you quilt this motif?--added pic

I am just about to start quilting a quilt to enter into QuiltCon, and am planning to use a somewhat randomly places design similar to one of the fabrics used in the quilt. I don't have a picture of it, but I do have a link to the design

http://www.basicgrey...lection:current

The pattern I am trying to quilt is the "quatrefoil lozenge" shape. Would you use templates for this? Freehand? Spirothingy? I have considered all three, but am not sure which would be the cleanest to use. I will be finishing up the quilt top this afternoon, and will add a picture then. It's a different sort of quilt, and the piecing (long strips that were cut off grain to preserve the line of the pattern) resulted in a degree of fullness. I need to pick y'alls brains about that.

Thanks, in advance,

Mandy

ETA OK, so I added a picture of the quilt. I will be adding two wide border strips along the edges to make it look as if it has a border, while maintaining the spiral pattern. You can really see the fullness, which I didn't notice as much until the whole thing was laid out. WHat are your suggestions? HELP!

thanks, again!post-5786-0-84525700-1352384200_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Heidi! It really is similar to orange peel, isn't it? My thought so far is that I would be doing orange peel in "patches" like on the fabric, and then filling with something else to help with the fullness. Should I stabilize the lines in any way, do you think?

--mandy

Archived