Polyester Quilt

SewLovely

You should be able to easily quilt it.

The best choice for a backer is also polyester since cotton will shrink with laundering. Poly batting suggested as well. Try the thinnest poly batting you can find since the poly fabric might be extra heavy.

Another thought might be no batting and Minkee on the back, to keep one side soft and eliminate some of the weight.

I just did a poly quilt with thin batting and polar fleece for backing. The woman that constructed it knew nothing about quilting. No 2 seams were the same measurement; nothing was square and oh boy talk about cups! A's - B's and C's - UGGGG!

It quilted out great. I did use 2 can on either side of my arm to hold the cups out. I just wish she had more infomation on her piecing and it would have been a much nicer piece in the end.

Good luck.

I just did a poly quilt with thin batting and polar fleece for backing. The woman that constructed it knew nothing about quilting. No 2 seams were the same measurement; nothing was square and oh boy talk about cups! A's - B's and C's - UGGGG!

It quilted out great. I did use 2 can on either side of my arm to hold the cups out. I just wish she had more infomation on her piecing and it would have been a much nicer piece in the end.

Good luck.

Just curious what you mean by using '2 can on either side of my arm to hold the cups out'? Do you put like a soup can on either side of the machine laying on the quilt top? Sorry if I sound dumb, I just haven't heard of it and it just may work for a quilt I want to re-do. Thanks!

Archived