help on custom quilting

Hi everyone, my name is Patty and I'm new on this site. I live in a small country town in Kansas. Got my millennium last August. Learned 4 freehand quilting designs. Now I want to learn how to custom quilt, and I don't really know where to start. I have read that you need to have the quilt side ways and you do the side borders first, stablizes your blocks (quilting in the ditch), then do the other borders. Then you take the quilt off and starting from the top you work down the quilt. Is this correct? When you move from one area to the other do you just go into the ditch to move to the other area? Please help!

Thanks in advance

Pattyblack

Welcome Patty!

This forum site has a wealth of information. You might do a search on it. You can look under custom quilting, borders, etc. Also, I'm guessing that you could get more response if you open this topic under the Chat about anything or one of the ones lower on the page. I don't normally look in the "How to use this forum" topics, but usually look lower on the page. Maybe others do, I'm not sure, but you might try the other area also.

There's information on what you are asking if you do a search, and it'll take you through older posts too, where others have asked what you are.

I don't know if that helps you any at all. I hope it does. Nevertheless, WELCOME!!!

Patty:

You weren't wrong. It just seems posts are looked more often in the other spots, and you might get more responses in the other areas. I hope you are able to get the information you are wanting. If anything, you will make wonderful friends with the many awesome people on these forums!!

Archived