ULT II

Was sewing along with my Ult II  today, and the needle started making the sound that tells you it needs to be changed.

I removed the needle, put the small magnet on the needle to make sure I had it turned right, and tightened the needle.  Oops' I forgot to remove the magnet, and somehow it managed to get on the hopping foot, and would not allow the wheel to turn but so far.

Just knew I had a thread somehow in the bobbin place; nothing.  My husband also could not find why the machine could not go but so far.

Called the factory.  Amy was on another line.  Left a voice mail, and went back to the quilting machine.  I started to take off the foot, and lo and behold, there was the magnet that would not let the wheel turn any further.  It  was stuck on the hopping foot, and blended in so I did not see it there.

When Amy called back, I was able to tell her that I had the problem solved, but boy, do I appreciate having a place to call about a machine that is about 20 years old, and still get an answer.  Thank you APQS for being there.  Shirley

Archived