Sold my first one

Back a while ago I put a post on here with a picture of a quilt that I entered into one of my local guilds quilt show.

In the process of all that I had obtained vendor space at a craft show.

I did not sell anything at the craft show, the pockets were not deep enough for what I was willing to sell my quilts for. Some of the other vendors around me suggested that I either bring smaller lower priced items for that show, or look at getting vendor space at some of the higher end shows.

I was really at peace with what happened, everyone was really surprised that I was really calm about it. I just said to myself it was God's plan for me and I have to leave it at that. In fact, I avoided some people cause I was in such a good mood about it and I did not want them to bring me down.

Well yesterday, one of my husband's former graduated students stopped by to say Hi and kill off some time. Somehow they got on the subject of my quilts. I happed to have them all loaded up cause I was going to take them to a consignment shop on my way home from school. Well after he saw them he bought one of them from me. He did not have his checkbook with him, so I left the quilt with my husband at work so he would have it when the guy came by to drop off the check.

It was a full bedisize quilt, purple and green and it had a large wreath in the middle. I got the top as a kit from Hancocks of Paducah. I have gotten more compliments on that quilt then most of anything else I have done so far.

I will have my DH take a picture of it when the guy comes to pick it up for my portfolio.

Then to add to the blessing, some of the other students were asking what that was sitting in the pillow case. My husband explained. Now two of them want to buy some of the others that I have left.

He was laughing, cause it seems as if he has started something down there. I just told him to be careful cause it could cause a problem. Some smartbutt will complain that he is using his classes to promote his wife's business. My husband teaches HVAC at a private post-high school vocational type school.

My business is tricking in, I have a lot of people who have promised me quilts for the machine and I have two potential orders for quilts to be made. I cant ask for anything more than what I have been given.

Blessings and hugs

Tracey

Tracey,

Isn't it wonderful to get repeat business? I made a baby quilt for a boy last year, now he has a new sister and I delivered that quilt last week. I told the buyer that I hope his boss' children are fruitful and multiply!.

But better than getting the business is someone likde my work well enough to order a second one.

Debbie

Quilted-Joy

Guest Linda S

He does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He? ;) Good for you Tracey! That is so exciting. Sounds like you're on the way to having your quilts seen by lots of people.

Linda

Archived