Table Measurements

I'm on a quest, and I seem to be the trailblazer in this area. I want a commercial table for my HQ16. Not cabinets, not a banquet table with aluminum rails, but a real, solid commercial table. I currently have a wooden Grace frame which is nice but not as solid or heavy-duty as I want. I believe this machine would be perfect for me with a great table under it.

Could someone post the measurements between the tracks on the table, center to center, as well as the distance between the tracks on the carriage, also center to center? Thank you very much!

Melissa -- I would suggest a Hinterberg Frame if you are going to use the HQ16. It is a full frame and is, I believe, about the strongest of its type on the market. Check their website for details. You set the length of the frame because you supply the pipes (up to 12' between end frames). it comes with a carriagethat will fit your HQ16.

John

You are keeping your HQ?

You want an APQS table, or table w/APQS machine as well?

APQS does not sell just the table with out the machine.

The width of the entire frame for the 26" machines is 5 ft.

On the 20" machines it is 4.5 ft.

The actual quilting space is 18" for the 26" machine and 13" for the 20" machine.

Hope this helps, let us know!

Originally posted by CherylUribe

You are keeping your HQ?

You want an APQS table, or table w/APQS machine as well?

APQS does not sell just the table with out the machine.

Yes, I'm keeping the HQ16. It is quite a nice machine, especially for someone that only does their own quilts.

I've found that some longarm companies are willing to consider selling a table without a machine. If a manufacturer will sell me their table, then that brand will obviously be the one I turn to when I'm ready for a longarm.

Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by Johnmach

Melissa -- I would suggest a Hinterberg Frame if you are going to use the HQ16.

I can't bring myself to buy another 'home' frame. The Hinterberg is not the commercial quality that I want. It's a nice looking, well-built frame, but the wood is going to flex and move.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

The Gammill table (your choice of either 12' or 14', I think) is $3500 and the Nolting 12' table is $2000. Both of them add hydraulic lifts for $1500. Casters come with hydraulics on the Gammill.

I think it's an extra $100 charge for the 14' Nolting table. Both of these are steel professional grade tables. I preferred the Nolting table because the wheel cranks on the Gammill stick out an extra 6" (room I didn't have), but the Gammill table has it's rollers in parallel so that you're not quilting in a valley when using all three rollers. Actually, the Gammill has a 4th roller, for tensioning, the way it's designed. The Gammill is more adjustable, but if you're short like me, neither of them go down far enough.

Archived