Okay, when we went to Paducah Bob said I could just buy the Lenni head and use my old table.   Well, for less money, I found the machine and 10 foot table. We went and picked it up in NW Iowa this weekend.

I can't put the new table together yet because my 12 foot table is still in the sewing room and Steve said I need to leave the Ultimate II set up in case somebody wants to come look at it.  Okay, that makes sense.

But, I had the idea to put the Lenni head on the table and just shove the Ultimate II head to one end. I'm not doing any huge quilts right now anyway.

Here's the problem.  The new carriage is much smaller than the old carriage. The wheels on the Lenni carriage won't fit the rails on the table. If I put Lenni on the old carriage I have no stitch regulator, correct? (since the encoder is on the bottom of the Lenni carriage)

SO, how do I get Lenni on Utlimate II wooden table so I can use him/her/it??

Help needed ASAP since I have two quilts to do and two of my own to do.

I figured out a way to do it.  Might not be the prescribed way, but I think it's going to work. I drilled to new holes in the carriage for the Lenni and moved the wheels back the 4 1/2 inches so they are now 23" apart. That way the carriage rolls on the table.  At first I tried just mounting the encoder onto the old carriage, but there was nothing for the little wheel to ride on.  I'm hoping it works. If not, I'll be using my old machine until it sells. Won't that be horrible since I have the pretty new one sitting here. 

Archived