Ult II just dies sometimes???

I have an old Ultimate II. I was working on a pantograph from the back of the machine and the machine just stopped dead. This happened twice with this quilt. The light from the front still worked and so did the lazer light so I am sure it wasn't a power issure.

SOOO.... I moved the machine off the quilt and checked everything out, removed the bobbin etc. Pushed the button on the front handles and the machine worked just fine so I went around to the back of the machine to start quilting and NOTHING.

SOOOO... I fiddled around around with the switch a little and unplugged the back handle and replugged it in a couple

of times and it eventually started working again. Until it

happened again.

Any ideas of what I need to do to fix this. I don't think it is the switch because both times it happened I wasn't touching the switch, it just died. Of course it may never happen again.LOL

Thank You

Michele

Hi Michele,

Try just turning your machine on and off a few times from the back. If the switch is working ok you should hear and feel a click when pushing the switch button. You also might want to try blowing out your motor from the front to the back and make sure that the motor isn't just quitting on you. If you continue to have problems, please call into the tech line. 800-426-7233 ext.6.

Take care,

I have had the same problem with my millie suddenly quiting in mid quilt. Sometimes every foot or so. I did what the tech told me. I loosened the gold bolt under the little black box and pushed the box tighter toward the wheel. This helped some but it still stalls much too ofter. Is is possilble that the rubber wheel has smoothed out too much and doesn't have any grip? What else could be the problem? Any suggestions?

That is a possibility. If you have it as tight as you can get it and the rubber wheel still feels slippery, then you might have to replace the rubber wheel. You might want to unthread the machine and just run the machine front to back and then sideways and see which way is giving you the problem.

Let us know how you turn out!

Archived