Just wanting to say Hi to two guys and Chuck.  Of course to any I've missed.  I've not been on much the last few days.

Welcome to all newbies, and hope you stay and join in chat.  People on here are friendly, prayerful, and love sharing info

of their quilts and quilting, as well as tips, hints, help with machine problems, and so on.  Funnies, and sads, proud and

dissappointed  it is all shared.. picts are the best.  Still haven't figured that one out, since Flicker says I signed in, and I

have to remember password, and I don't recall, have nothing written down in my book about password, name I used, etc.

Enjoy and Good luck on quilting machine buy's,  quilting, practice, and successes as well as not so successful.  We all

started at the same place, some like Heidi M was almost instantly a pro, even though I had to talk her into even touching

her first machine, and others Like me have to ppp each element of a pattern, and keep adding them one by one.

Practice is the key, white board, kids tablets from dollar store, old phone books, news papers, etc.  Anything to learn, and

learn one element at a time, draw hundreds of the same leaf, or loops, or meander, to keep it the same size, and stars, try the

same size first then as it gets better, add another size, etc.  It pays off so much better and quicker in the long run.

Always use a real quilt sandwich, and I mean muslin top and bottom and batting.  Use one color thread, then go back and do

another design in a second color, until you have really used it up, then the gals said another layer of muslin can be lain

over it and do it all again.,  or finish the edges securely and send them to the animal shelter, or rescue folks.

I've diahrrea of the fingers, so must say,

Glad to have you here and

bye

Archived