Pfaff Expression 4.0

I have a Quilt Pfaff Expression 4.0 sewing machine - 4 years old and it is AGAIN driving me crazy. The stitching hook assembly continuously blocks and thread nests clog everything. I have had this problem several times before; the store last year replaced the hook assembly without a problem even though the machine was over the guarantee period. Since this is a "x" repeat situation and it always happens when I am in full progress on piecing a quilt - my patience is at an end. I would like to know if anyone else has had the same and/or similar situation.

Thanks for any information

Sue from Luxembourg

I have the Pfaff Expression 4.0 machine.  I love the machine, however, 2 years ago it would not make buttonholes.  So my dealer sent it to the factory for repair.  When I finally -- 2 1/2 months later -- got it back, the stitch length was not working right.  The stitches would be different every time I turned it on.  I don't even remember how many times they replaced mother boards.  Then this past August, it would change the stitch length as I was stitching.  Definitely not a good thing.  So the dealer shipped it back to the factory.  They just got my machine back, however, the dealer said the screen has lines in it.  So they are going to try to fix it.  

Hopefully my machine will be working when I get it back.  

Hello Sharon - I understand your concern. My machine (in the beginning) just never "sounded" right - and only after "x" visits to the sewing shop, they agreed to replace the faulty pieces, and since then I have a machine that "sounds" good. My problem on Sunday was probably me - I slept over the problem and followed Madelyn's advice. It is ok now - I sewed all afternoon without a problem!

I am convinced that these machines can sometimes be called "Monday/Friday" machines - those which are subject to defaults. I guess the best solution is a good "after service" from the store where the machine is purchased.

Good luck and let us know when you get your machine back.

Thanks for your feed-back.

Sue from Luxembourg

Archived