thread and tension

So thankful to be apart of this list!!! Have read others post for a while. Anyway,,,, Today I was quilting and the thread tension on the bottom of the quilt seemed to change with each bobbin change. Not so odd, right but boy oh boy did I have some weird stuff goin' on... an occassional loop on the bottom from the top thread. It was a loop, not your typical what I believe is called frogging. Then it would sew just fine. Funny then there would be major top thread problems. I did all the usual things of dusting out and such played with the tension and then I don't know what even fixed it but it worked fine and was able to finish the quilt. Any similiar problems? K

You might check to make sure everything is threaded correctly. Make sure your thread is pulled down into the tension rings. I think that's what they are called. That's caused me problems before when I thought I had everything right. You also might check your bobbin case to make sure it's clear of lint or thread other than your bobbin. Don't know if that helps any, but they are things to check that might be causing problems.

Archived