railroad tracks when going in straight line left to right I think help

Hi,

I am puzzled....I am getting railroad tracks on the back....but on sometimes....the stitching on top looks great and so does it on the back...until sometimes....I think the railroad tracks are happening only when I go left to right if that even makes sense.....I noticed them only when I am traveling nearly parallel to the rails...doesn't have to be exactly straight....but does not seem to happen when I am moving forward or backward....I float my tops and I noticed that my straight line  that I made with my channel lock on was all railroad tracks...but the meandering and the loops were not...just when I am traveling sideways....I am using OMNI in both the bobbin and top...I have my bobbin adjusted to where I can pull it up on it's edge but not lift it out of my hand.....I tried tightening the top tension....still doing it ....any thoughts?....I tried searching...I am still new at this....thanks...Lin.

Thanks Sue....I downloaded and printed out a copy....I was hoping to get that king quilt on tomorrow....but it looks like I will be fiddling trying to figure out the tension...do folks find that omni in the needle works better if I use bottomline or so fine?  I will try loosening the bobbin tension even more tomorrow and also making sure the quilt is not too tight on the frame.  Thanks...Lin

Archived