any ideas?

Hey everybody. I need a pattern for a tiger face. Does anybody have an idea where I might find one. It is for a blanket that I am making for a customer. It is for a senior graduation gift and the town we live in we are the Tigers. The quilt is appliqued with the town name and his name and football # and 2006-2007 year, it's for an exchange student from Spain, so he was just here one year.

Thanks,

Angela

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GreatCats/meettigers.cfm

This is a site with some great photographs of tigers. Print one out and do a tracing, then enlarge it to the size you want. Then use it for stitching by tracing like a panto or assign colors and values and do an applique. I just did grape leaves and made my own panto today for the side of a quilt. It doesn't take long. Good luck.

Vicki

Angela,

I have a panel that is 17 x 17 which has a tiger in the center of the panel. I made a quilt for my grandson last year who is crazy over tigers, so I have a left over in my stash. If this would help you out, you are welcome to it, I would mail it to you. I bought the fabric a year ago at WalMart and they had a panel that is just of the head of a tiger. I'll try and post a picture of the quilt.

Rebecca

Vicki

you could use an overhead projector as I am sure the school would have one. Than put the picture of the school tiger on an overhead transpency which can go through a copy machine, then show it on your quilt as large as you want or on a piece of paper. I am sure the school would let you borrow a projector or a church or library. I have used one to do a painting on a wall, works great.

Kathy/ND

What a beautiful Tiger. They sure are amazing!

I know it's off the subject but thanks for sharing!

Tish

Originally posted by dancingstitcher

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GreatCats/meettigers.cfm

This is a site with some great photographs of tigers. Print one out and do a tracing, then enlarge it to the size you want. Then use it for stitching by tracing like a panto or assign colors and values and do an applique. I just did grape leaves and made my own panto today for the side of a quilt. It doesn't take long. Good luck.

Vicki

I will have to try the over head projector idea. I was just trying to avoid it for some reason. My hubby has a school sweatshirt that I could trace and I have an over head projector. I am sure that will work. I did that before when I needed to blow up a picture of my dads restraunt to make a quilt for him and it worked great. Vicki thanks for the great idea of the zoo website, really enjoyed looking there too.

Thanks for the ideas everybody. Can't say enough how much I love this forum.

Angela

Archived