Electrical protection

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

I thought I would tell you about something I got to add a little piece of mind to my dwindling brain! I live in an old house with old wiring. My longarm is on its own circuit, but I still am not so sure of the wiring and, with the winter and winter storms approaching, I decided that a little extra insurance was in order. I bought an uninterruptable power source for my machine. It's a bit more than a surge protector. I cost less than $50, but you have to plug it in and let it charge for about 24 hours before you can use it. If there is a power surge, it will not go back up that line and, if the power goes out, I can quilt for 15 minutes on the battery before I have to give up. After paying what I did for my wonderful Liberty, I'm taking no chances with her health!

Linda

I live in a rural area at the end of the electical supply. For those of you who don't know what that means I can explain. When the power surges or goes out, you will always be the one with the most or worst problems. So every time I use my machine I always unplug it when I'm done. I have even awaken during storms and checked to make sure it is still unplugged. It does have a surge protector on it, but with the cost of these machines I just feel better unplugging mine.

Archived