Soft and Stable worked great!

I finally got the professional tote made and also made a mini version. I put soft and stable in both of them and really like it. I put it in the outside pieces and the inner zipper pocket. I did however end up taking the mini version apart and took the middle zipper pocket out of the lining. I don't always want to take my ipad with me everywhere. If I had a ipad mini or a smaller tablet I probably would but the ipad 2 I have is a little much to always take with me. Also the mini version of the bag is more like a purse. The regular version is a good size tote and I really like it too. I also left the middle zipper pocket out but made it as a separate pocket for my ipad and just put it in the tote. I love both these bags and will be making more of them especially the large one. As all the others mentioned, they are quite labor intensive but if you follow the clearly written instructions they are not hard. If someone could give me clearly written detailed instructions here for posting a photo I will post photos of mine. Using a sewing machine I can do......a computer...not so much. Lol.

I just used it for a class I taught on background fillers. I added leaders to each side so I could mount it to the Mille. I used a plain black fabric on the top but no backing. The students took home their class work along with a pattern on how to turn it into a tote. We also used the "Stiff Stuff" from Lazy Girl (again, no backing-just a black top). The students will add their own linings. I loved how well the Soft and Stable worked on the longarm. We used Rainbows thread on it and it worked out GREAT! I was kind of testing out the class and I'll definitely be doing it again. Both of those products made it easy and fun.

Archived