Compare Machine

Guest LA

Hi Monika,

I learned to quilt on a Freedom before there were stitch regulated Millie?s.

You will do just fine, it is variable speed, meaning that your movement creates the stitch length.

I believe Dawn Cavanaugh our showroom instructor, still uses one, & she does awesome award winning quilts!

Don?t get me wrong, I LOVE my stitch regulated machines, but if you only have a budget for a non-stitch regulated machine & it means LA quilting or not, I would say you did the right thing! ;)

I just listed my 2005 Freedom for sale if anyone is out there looking for a great lightly used machine with a bunch of goodies let me know. http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=5821&page=1#pid44123

The kool thing is that down the road should you decide that you want the features of a stitch regulated machine, you can upgrade to the CQ & have the best of both worlds, as it is hard wired & ready to go for CQ.

Let us know how everything goes when you take delivery of your Freedom, you have a great support in Darlene!:)

Thank you Linda, it feels good knowing I made the right choice for the moment. Hubby is still skeptical, but I told him I dont give him advice on his power tools, so I reserve the right to make my tool choice.

I have my threat package coming, half a dozend quilt tops are ready to go, zippered leaders are in the mail...will use them right from the start...what a great concept, and I am soooo willing, eager and scared! LOL:D

Darlene's phone number is programmed into my phone and a friend is staning by to put the Freedom on my frame when I am ready. Gee...its like getting ready for a new baby.

thanks for your input

Archived