Quilt Stores in Wisconsin

My DH and I have been planning a fishing trip this summer to Kewaunee, Wisconsin (the weekend after MQS - whew), we are going through Iowa to pick up my BIL and then on to the fish - will be traveling on highway 151. Is there anyone out there that lives on or near that route that can tell me some good quilt stores to visit?? I have a directory of Mid-West Quilt stores, but those books seem to have not order, or at least I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary Beth

Mary Beth,

There is a quilt shop in Fond du lac, Wisconsin called Wool and Needle, 46 N. Main St. It has beautiful fabrics, wool, etc. They were featured in the Quilt Sampler magaine last fall. They are right downtown on main in an old building. It is worth the stop. Also you can go to www.quiltshops.com and pull up shops. Happy Quilting!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca/Illinois

Okay Mary Beth, On our way home from Minnesota yesterday I was looking at the map 151 and guess what, "Quilt Shops" until you drop. lol

On hwy 23 left out of Dodgeville going north is a small town Spring Green, Oh my goodness a Quilt Shop - Country Sampler - large selection of beautiful fabric (vintage). Lots of quilt kits and sales on kits. website is www.sgcountrysampler.com. Moving on to Mount Herb, right on hwy 92 to Belleville is ANOTHER Quilt Shop - www.patchesandpetals.com - I go to this one once or twice aweek, kind of a favorite. Nice selection of Batiks. I live an hour away from this shop. Madison has a few but I don't shop Madison alot. North of Madison just off 151 easy to get to Sun Prarie, ANOTHER Quilt Shop - J J Stitches - 221 E. Main St. Loads of fabric, one room just reproductions. This is another favorite of mine. I have pictures of JJ's if you want to see them. Also website www.jjstitches.com - WOW! I guess that is it for now. These are a few of my favorite. Happy Quilting

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca/Illinois

The Cottate Quilter

Rebecca,

Thank you so much!! What a great travel guide you are. I will go to their web sites and look them up in my quilt directory...this is great. I felt like I was exploring uncharted territory :) This will make it much easier.

Thanks again, have a great day,

MB

Archived