questions on my new Hartley Fence

quiltingnanny

Just put my fence on tonight, I've watched the video 3 times and I'm still lost. I have to pull up the 'thingie' on the idler arm to make circle. everything bumps. Is this right ? So far I haven't stitched anything yet, just dry runs. I'm going to start fresh in the morning, but looking for advice before then. Thanks, Glenda

Glenda,

First, verify that the fence is securely mounted on the front and back. The edge of the table goes into the HF wheels. From the front of the machine (back of HF), ensure that the bolt holding the HF back wheels is holding these wheels evenly on the back of the HF. The bumping may mean that one side is tighter than the other.

Do you have the brake on?

When you make a circle, there is a black plastic knob (3-sided) attached to a metal cylinder (about 2 -3 inches long) that goes DOWN thru the hole in the circle-maker. I'm not sure what you are pulling up.

I don't have my Fence anymore but these are mistakes that I made. Myrna Ficken is the Queen of the Hartley. If she's not on the road teaching, she'll probably give you some more ideas.

Archived