Channel lock for ULT II

I bought a use Ult II, private sale, the people that owned it made alterations to the rails. The head moves forward and back on the same kind of rail as it does side to side. I am thinking of putting zippers on and will need a way to keep the head in line. Am thinking that I will also need this for some ruler work. I can send picture if I can figure out how to do it.

post--1346189802359_thumb.jpg

Hi Pamela,

My handy husband devised this method for me to clamp my wheels to lock the machine and carriage on my Ultimate II. He put the metal disks/washers on the wheels, these compress against the wheel when I put the clamp in place and it can't roll forwards or backwards at that point. I used to have that piece of metal on my wheel like the one in your picture. To use it I believe you need a long metal screw that goes through that hole and down onto the metal carriage. You tighten the long screw down against the base of the carriage and that stops it from moving. There are other Ultimate II owners here that can explain it better I'm sure.

post--13461898024292_thumb.jpg

Archived