Hi, Honey! :)

Congrats on selling your house. I didn't try to email you this week, but I was going to call, and then I read a post you were busy packing to move, so I thought I'd wait a week or two and call you a little later, once the dust settled. I also thought you might be hangin' with your homies in Paducah this week, too.

So, I am just curious if Hurricane is where you will be staying put for a little while longer or will you be relocating again? You already know that I've got a plan in my pocket, baby, and I wanna follow through with it!! ;)

As of tonight, I am half way through quilting a king sized quilt (my first customer quilt--a coworker's) on the longarm, and I am having fun doing some freehand swirly whirly curly meandering. I put it on the rollers last night and started quilting it tonight and will finish it up tomorrow night. I thought I'd quilt from the front of the machine because I wanted to make sure my tension was good and wanted to watch where I was going so that I didn't have any "puffiness or pucker" issues with the top. This is one with the "slightly wonky borders and wonky backing" quilts, but the customer gave me a high loft batting so that has given me a little cushion and wiggle room. While loading, I fudged around with top and back and got them (finally) to load straight on the rollers but it took some time. So far so good with the quilting and no problems. Whew! I am also standing with little pain in my foot for longer periods of time, too, which is good news!!

The Millennium is purring right along without any problems! I've been having fun filling bobbins, and learning how this machine works.

This weekend, I have some charity quilts to play with and before I do, I am going to install my Hartley fence and microdrive handles. I plan on getting your DVD and workbook so I can PPP.

Anyway, I'll call or email you soon to catch up and talk quilty stuff. OK?

Shana

Archived