Storage

Elaine

Just wanted to announce a new product designed to transform stacks of fabric into orderly rows just like you see in a quilt store. They are called Fabric Storage Sheets. Lightweight, acid-free plastic panels that you wind fabric onto and store on shelves, bins or drawers (can even be hung on design walls. No more playing peek-a-boo and giving up looking for what you know you have somewhere, but can't find it. Visit www.polarnotions.com.

Is this mainly for large yardage pieces? Seems like if I had 20 - 1/2 yard or even 1 or 2 yard pieces, and I wound them all on there, I'd have to take off the ones on top to get to the ones on bottom??? Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks.

Hi Judy,

They are designed to use one with each piece of fabric, and the wound fabric stored on shelves, like in a quilt store. You can also store in drawers or bins. When you look at them on a shelf, or drawer, there is enough fabric seen on the edge that you can see what you have.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

Which thread on Longarmchat contains Sammi's pictures? I didn't find it when I looked. I spent quilt a bit of the day trying to organize my studio today. I think I made more of a mess, but I did get a great big chrome shelving unit put together!

Linda:)

Hi Linda - The pics are under "product review" I absolutely LOVE these storage sheets; in fact, have ordered 50 more - I love fabric. The largest piece of fabric I "wound" was 12 yards. It is a little bulky, but stays on without any problem at all. Let me know if you can't find the thread and I'll post the pictures here.

sammi

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to share a customers comments about the Fabric Storage Sheets.

"I bought a box of 50 and shortly thereafter bought more because 1) they were easy to use, 2) won't ever have to buy any more blue fabric after I found out what I actually had and 3) am having a garage sale with fabric I know I won't use and the proceeds will pay for the storage sheets. My sewing room looks great! Thank you!"

I know it seems insurmountable to start, but by doing one color scheme at a time, the results are worth it.

Thank you for letting me share.

E

Archived