Bobbin Thread snaps & sticks in hook assembly

Help Please. My bobbin thread started to snap, you can actually hear is breaking. When I remove the bobbin, the thread seems to stick in the hook assembly, I use needle position to move needle down then pull thread out of hook assemly slowly, it comes all out.

So I removed needle plate, blew everything out good, put needle plate back on and guess what? It only goes on 1 way, and dummy put it on backwards. Started machine, needle broke and fuse blew. Since it was my spare already I have no more.

Is the fuse I need a 3.15 amp bus fuse? Can someone confirm please, my eyes are not so good anymore. I'll go to out automotive supply store and hope they have one. Can't wait for APQS to ship one, would cost too much and take 2 weeks to get here.

Any ideas what is causing thread to snap?

Thanks

Hi Monika

It sounds to me like your thread is not releasing when it should. You can fix this by adjusting the mag collar at the back of the machine. I have fixed this once for someone but was walked through it on the phone with Connie. Please call APQS tech support in the morning.

In the meantime, make sure ALL that thread is gone from the hook area. Do the old spray and soak with the WD40 and DO NOT hold a rag near the hook when it is running!

Not sure about the fuse but I am sure someone will be able to tell you what to get.

Archived