Needle screw

Has anyone had to replace the little screw that holds the needle? The head of mine broke off and now I need to find a way to get the rest out and purchase a new one. I'm hoping it's just a small machine screw that I can pick up at Home Depot.

Any tips, trick or stories please.

Thanks in advance

I had the screw strip out in the needle bar. I was able to remove it with a pair of pliers. Mark can tell you the size of the screw. I purchased a few extras from APQS to keep on hand- so glad I had them! The needle bar is threaded all the way through, so you can put a screw in from either side to hold the needle.

Cathy Kirk

Quilting Cowgirl

Millennium

Thanks for the info John and Cathy. John, I'll get back to you on getting some from you.

Let me ask you another question if you don't mind. I put edge rider wheels on my millie, put spacers for CL and what not. I cannot seem to get a tight enough fit to the wheel with the rubber disk and I'm getting skipped stitches. Do you know if there are rubber disks a smidge larger? This is a technical size you know. Also, my machine has been doing this thing where it just goes about 100 mph when it feels like it. I have been on the phone with Mark, but I'm really wondering if it has something to do with my stitch reg. Any thoughts or has this ever happened to you?

Thanks.

You can replace the rubber wheels with new ones maybe with more grip Joanne, we sell them for $15 each. You definately want to make sure that the rubber wheel is tight and not slipping or that will cause SR problems. Let us know if you need to order some.

Later,

Archived