Stitch Regulator Racing or Not Responding

Mark,

It's not working right again.

After I replaced the black encoder wheel, I did a couple of quilts with an edge to edge design. The SR worked beautifully. Then Sunday I put on a quilt that had a lot of SID and ruler work, and continuous curve quilting. I am having problems again. When I use the ruler or I am doing a lot of stops and starts, the SR will race or will quit responding at all. It got so bad on Sunday, I had to stop using it.

I turned it on again last night. Still had the problem UNTIL I quilted a freehand design in the border. Not a single problem.

I'm at a loss here. The encoder wheel has been replaced. The wheel does seem loose again and I can't get it any tighter. I've cleaned the motor brushes and cleaned all of the wheels. We replaced mother boards and crydom relay about a year ago. What else can I do? Could it be something I am doing that is causing the problem? Could it possibly have anything to do with humidity?

Debbi

Debbi,

You might be pushing down too hard on the throat of the machine when doing the ruler work from the front. This can cause the back wheels to lift up and off the aluminum rails causing the carriage wheels to slip and not driving the rubber wheel. If it works fine when just freehanding like you said, this makes me think about pushing down on the throat. Try some things keeping that in mind and see what you come up with and email me or give me a call.

good luck!

I can testify that you can push down on the front of the machine and not know your doing it, and it does raise the back-end of the machine just enough to affect the encoders and our stitches.

Keep a very light touch on the front.....let us know how it works....!!! :D

Archived