Husbands great idea

My grandson is getting married in a couple of weeks. I got some white material and did a grid on it for signatures on a future memory quilt. Well, yesterday I was in a LQS and was looking at some fabric that had panels of ready made labels. My husband suggested that I should use those panels for the signatures because I wouldn't have to worry about people getting too close to the edges and all that bother. So today I called another quilt shop and she had some panels that had a wedding theme. So, that's what I'm going to do. I don't even have to cut the labels apart, just sew them up with pictures in between and voila, a quilt. Also a good idea for baby showers and such also. Have to admit, I love his suggestion. :D :D

That's a great idea Carol!

My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next month & I would love to do this!

Can you tell me that name of the fabric company?

wish I would have known about the lables earlier. I had every guest at my daughter's baby shower sign a block for the baby's quilt and did not think to mark margins and they all signed right to the edges. so now I get to applique the blocks on to larger blocks. Live and learn I always say. Please post a picture.

I just went back to the quilt store I got the labels from and picked up the baby quilt labels. All the labels are by "RJR" The wedding and ones I got for the baby shower are RJR Special Ocassion Labels. The baby one has some ribbon frames and gift frames. There is only one label that is wedding on that panel. The others can all be used for the baby but are really for other occassions. I also picked up a really cute panel of all occassion labels that are just adorable. Again, they are by RJR called Martha's Vineyard Watercolor by Susan Branch. When I went back today, the owner of the quilt shop told me a lady had come in looking for a fabric to write on and she showed her the fabric I bought and she sold 4 more panels. What makes the panels fun is that there are all different sizes and shapes of labels so they're not just lined up in little rows, and they are all different on the panel. Check them out on a site that sells the RJR. Can't wait for the wedding now.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived