Tension Problem Using Dark Verigated Thread

I am experiencing a tension problem that I do not see addressed on any of the posts so far. I am quilting leaves using King Tut Verigated Green thread. My stitches on top look great, but on the bottom AND ONLY ON THE DARKEST SECTION OF THREAD, I get funky tension, then back to good tension on the lighter shades of this thread. Has anyone heard of this before? And any suggestions? I have a Millennium.

Sally,

I have used King Tut with no problems so I haven't had that happen to me. I would suggest that you call Superior. They are very helpful.

You didn't say what color your bobbin thread is or what kind. Is your bobbin thread color possibly just blending better with the lighter shades in the King Tut and that is why you are only seeing the problem when you hit a darker area?

Joe Ann

I was using Bottom Line in the bobbin, sort of a taupe color. No, definitely, the tension CHANGED dramatically during the "dark section" of the thread. Could it have something to do with darker colors being more saturated with dye and possibly changing the weight or thickness enough to create a disturbance with the bobbin thread? I'm going to fool around with loosening the bobbin a bit to see if that helps. Thanks for your insight, though.

Sally

CA

Millennium

Archived