Nascar throws

I'm piecing and quilting 2 Nascar throws. I'm making them pretty simple to keep the cost down. Basically, 1 large piece of Nascar material in the middle with a 3" red border, then a 2" black border ending with a 6" checkered border. On one of the quilts I have fussy cut 4 - 6" square blocks and put one in each corner.

I'm a newbie, so I don't have a lot of tools yet. I thought about flags in the checkered border and a panto of a race car in the red border. What would you do in the large middle piece? Remember, please keep it simple, I'm a beginner.

I'm a lurker and learning a lot from all of you. I feel like I know several of you already.

Mary Lou

My family is pretty split on their favorite. My 9 year old granddaughter told me she liked Jimmie Johnson. I didn't know she was even interested.

I don't know if I can figure out how to post a picture but I'll try when I finish the quilts. Thanks for your help.

Mary Lou

Can't wait to see pics too. I'm with Teresa not a fan of jeff gordon. But Mark Martin is King. Use to be a big Dick Trickle fan also. My uncle was on his pit crew and I actually got to meet him when I was in my teens some 18 years ago. Boy that makes me feel old. I like the meandering idea also. Especially if it is really busy. Good luck Mary Lou, great idea.

Angela

I'm smiling. :D

My daughter's boyfriend REALLY does not like Jeff Gordon. He's a real Nascar fan, and he thinks Dale Jr is the best!

My husband and he banter back and forth about these two men. Vincent, the boyfriend, teased me from the time he learned I made quilts about making him some quilted earmuff. :) Last year for Christmas I bought some Dale Jr fabric, did some outline quilting and covered a pair of earmuff with the quilted fabric. BUT, I wrapped them in Jeff Gordon paper and my husband bought a little Jeff Gordon car to put in the the Dale Jr earmuffs. It was fun! I've never seen him wear them, but it sure shut him up about it!

Archived