Help with Circle Lord

jcqlnurcheck

I purchased the king Baptist fan template when I was at MQX. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong - for some reason I cannot get the rows to line up properly. I end up with gaps between the rows and empty spaces on the sides of the quilt. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just wanted to let all of you know that Michael from The Circle Lord called me and explained what I was doing wrong. I understand now. I love the Circle Lord but some

how I had a mental block with this pattern. All the others that I have tried, King Clam, Heartz, Medallions, etc. have turned out great. Thank you Michael!

I got my Circle Lord last night and set it up myself after the family went to bed... WOW! It's Awesome! Only a few problems.

I have a little problem. If anyone here has ideas please share.

I noticed that my king Baptist Fan template was not routered evenly on all three pieces of plastic. One 4 foot section is routered lower than the other two by about 3/8" and the edge sticks out below the other two pieces on the table. The images line up perfect (the artwork) so it will make fans fine. It's just that its a nuisance to try to line up against the table's straight edge to get the design straight.

Does anyone else out there have one of their big templates that is not square on the side that should ride straight against the table? If so, how do you line it up evenly?

Thanks for your help. I love the Cirlce Lord and all the templates. They make everything beautiful. I just need help to figure out how to line this uneven edge upwith the table to make sure my rows are even...

Thanks!:)

Guest Linda S

Heidi - if you can't find a fix for this, be sure to call Michael next week. I know he and Kay are at MQS, so they probably won't see your call for help.

Linda

That's right! They are at MQS. I am hoping somebody here has an answer before then so I can get started this week. Its no fun to look at it when I wanna be using it but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to compensate for the problem.

I can't wait anymore I think I am going to just use an old measuring tape and measure out the difference and mark it with tape... We will see...

Thanks!

Instead of using the edge of the table I line mine up to the actual quilt as follows:

Once I have the quilt loaded I figure out where I want my first row of stitching to begin. Then I move the head of the machine across the quilt in a straight line, all the time watching the stylus to make sure that it is hitting the template in the same place as it moved from right to left. Clear as mud huh?

Example:

When I'm using the clams I line up the needle to be where I want the first line of stitching to begin. Then I align the template with the stylus to make sure it is at a good starting point. (I don't want to start my row with a whole clam and then find out at the end of the row that I only have part of a clam so I center my template with the actual quilt.) Once I have my template centered left to right I move the sewing head across the quilt and make sure that the stylus is hitting the template at the same place with each clam design. When I'm happy with the placement I tape the template down using painters tape (or velcro works great too).

It sounds complicated but only take a minute or two once you get the hang of it. Let me know if this helps.

Dear Jean-

Tried it, you're a genius!

Thanks so much!!!

I cannot get over how awesome these templates are! I just finished a queensize clam and baptist fan tonight in less than 3 hours total!!! Its incredible. I am going to be able to quilt alot more of my guilds charity quilts and faster! Yippee!!!!

Archived