Here is the sq. in a sq. Christmas quilt, made of Thimbleberries fabric. The customer wants something really nice, ivory thread on top and bottom. She is going to turn out to be a good customer if I can keep doing a good job on her quilts. I was thinking this one needed more than an all over design, but the fabric is so busy I'm not sure what will show up and what won't. Ivory thread on dark reds and dark greens will probably stick out like a sore thumb, but that's what she wants. I'm open to suggestions.

post--13461898617814_thumb.jpg

Hi Teresa,

Is there any way to talk her out of the ivory thread?--or compromise about it? I would not put ivory thread all over the quilt--it will not look good! If she wants custom--how about a fill with ivory thread in the ivory areas and then some CCs or leaves or loops in the remaining areas using a darker neutral thread?

Jill Kerekes

Teresa:

If I were quilting this quilt, my first thought would be to do "Line Dancing" by Diana Phillips. I believe it would really compliment her quilt.....

As far as thread choice, I would strongly suggest to the customer a better choice, and I like to use a "Mother Goose" shade on Thimbleberries fabrics.

Sometimes we have to educate the customers and perhaps this is one of those times. Your the professional here, hopefully she will listen and follow your suggestions.....

Hope this helps....;)

I have some So Fine in 427, which is the nutmeg color. That looks pretty close to the Mother goose I found online. Is it comparable?

I'm not familiar with the line dance pattern/technique. When I searched I found a book called Line Dancing. I can't buy another book right now. Can somebody describe what line dancing is....and I don't mean the kind we did last night at the barn dance:P

Archived