Wounded Warrior Batallion

Received an email From Therese Thomas at Therese etax@sbcgloval.net this week. She started a program to collect quilts for the WWB center at Camp Pendelton in California. This week the center is full and all of the quilts are gone. The wounded marine gets to pick a quilt for his bed while he is in the center and when he leaves, he takes it with him. The service person comes to this center when he leaves the hospital and is still not able to go home. It is such a worthy cause so if any of you have an extra quilt to donate, maybe you could get in touch with Therese . Therese says the best size is 80 x 100, but at this time any quilt will be welcomed. Thanks.

Beverly

Tracie, I have two nephews that have served in Iraq. Their father brought this to my attention last year. I have made one and have two more to go. These guys are here because they have been wounded in the service of our country. Therese is a tax accountant that somehow got involved in this and spends many hours hauling quilts to the center. The quilts have come from all over the USA. Anything we do is so appreciated. One nephew is out of the service and the second one is coming home on the 4th of November after two trips over there. He flys the Cobra copters and will be going back for a third term I believe. I hope he never needs one of these quilts, but I am going to try to do one for each month he is there. His mom, my sister tacks the bindings down for me. Thank you for your interest.

Beverly

Our son was in Iraq in 2005, got out of the Army in 2006 and for whatever reason, joined the National Guard 3 weeks ago! We are so scared he\'s going to end up back in Iraq. He lost several buddies over there and several more were injured. I guess he feels that he needs to continue to give back.

We are so very proud of him and all the other people who selflessly do what they are asked to do for our country.

Archived