milli, circle lord instillation vs quilt ez

The CL installation takes only minutes and it doesn\'t change the feel of the machine at all. In fact, I find I like the installation better because a ruler will now fit under my machine. I use rulers to mark the beginning and ends of pantos that I use. Before installation, nothing would fit under the machine. I have not used any of the quilt ez as this is an entirely different type of template. The quilt ez is like the CL large templates and you don\'t need the basic unit for those. The basic unit for CL does hundreds of designs.

Hi Sue,

Have you physically had a chance to look at both systems?

I took a class at Innovations on the Circle Lord. Also, I spent time at the Quilt EZ booth there as well. I personally was not overwhelmed with the feeling that I wanted either system at the time.

But, I do want the ability to do some very basic designs. I want to be able to do a nice a "circle" or "square" or "triangle" when I need it. More for a reference point than anything else.

I just came back from Houston quilt festival and while I was there spent more time at the Quilt EZ booth. For the money and what I want to achieve---(and the quilt EZ is really less complicated.) I decided to purchase the Quilt EZ stylus and their circle template for now.

I had to think long and hard about "how I quilt"...I don\'t even do pantographs very often. I really just like a few reference lines to work with, and then I love to do free motion work primarily.

I draw a lot, and in my other life I was a professional artist, ink and graphic work. I did use a lot of templates with that work---But I truly enjoy the freedom of free motion work when quilting. A far cry from drafting or graphics! :) right?

The only time I like staying in the line is when I\'m cutting or piecing! ;) So, we\'ll see how I do with the Quilt EZ concept.

Good luck finding what you are looking for---

Archived