Millie Table

I have a couple of questions on a Millie. I am purchasing one that is used. How much do the legs break down? Does the table break down also? It is the older style legs, 1 1/2 yrs old. I have seen the new ones and it appears that they are all in one piece. I am going to try to take my car instead of the truck. We have a trunk that opens to the front so I can put the rollers thru. But not sure about the legs. They might pose a problem. Please email me. birdlady1987@yahoo.com

Thank you.

How long is the table you are getting? I'd be more concerned about getting the rollers in your car. The rollers do not break down and a 12 foot table is going to have rollers at least 12 feet long. I have a new 14 foot Millie and my rollers and table are a little longer than 14 feet (when you add the ends of the rollers). You are correct, the legs are also in one piece. I would definitely consider getting a truck that is long enough to handle these lengths. I doubt you'll be able to transport it in a car.:(

I just had a gal pick up a used Millie and 12' table at my house a week ago. She intended to load everything she could into her Honda Oddessy ( I own one but can't spell it!!) van and have the table rails and poles shipped.

We managed to get the poles in and just had the table top (still attached to the rails) left to load. By collapsing some seats and juggling things a bit, we did manage to get the table top in too. We put folded poly batting and quilted "doggy" blankets up by the windshield to protect it from scratching. What we hadn't thought of was the pressure on the windshield! We got everything in, bungied corded the back door shut (to within about 4 inches), BUT the windshield crached under pressure.

SO, what she saved in delivery charges, she put out for the deductible on a new windshield! Her hubby was NOT happy! :cool:

Archived