Anyone willing to help?

I am new to this site. I came looking for help/advice. I have a bunch of old "Michael Jordan" t-shirts that I would like to have made into a t-shirt quilt. I am not much of a sewer and am willing to pay to have it done. I called a quilter I know in my area and she said she doesn't know of anyone who would do it.

I found a site online that charges between $300-$550 to make it. Any ideas where I can go to find someone who's willing to make the quilt. And/or is $300-$550 a good price?

Thank you ahead of time for your help!

Andrea

Depending on how many T-shirts you have, that is a good price. I just made one for my husband\'s boss using 7 blocks, different sizes, and it took me about 8 hours to put together and 2 hours to quilt it with a simple quilting design. I still have not put a binding on it, which will take another hour at least to put it on by machine.

This quilt is a little larger than a throw, but not quite a twin size. I have about $150 in materials (I bought new T-shirts because it is a penn state quilt)put into this, not to mention my time which at 15$ an hour (which is cheap) is $150. So you are right around $300. It is not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

BTW, I know I am faster than average at quilting and piecing/sewing. You could probably add another 50% onto the time for the average person.

Andrea:

Flygirl is right, that isn\'t a bad price depending on how many shirts are in it, the size you want it, who is supplying the fabrics, backing and batting, and the setting you want. It\'s alot of work. The shirts have to be stabilized also. I make them so you can send me an email if you want and we can talk about it there.

Archived