Can I Quilt This?

Jen...you can call me if you need to talk. You can quilt it as long as there are no major bumps, tucks or nasty things you wouldn\'t normally want.

NOW....has it really been sprayed with 505 or something else? Reason I ask is that 505 and KK2000 sprays ARE NOT permanent, and will start to break down after about 3-5 days. NOW where you are in California and the humidity may or may not be high right now will control how fast it starts to break down (the higher the humidity the fast it leaves the fabric) and the quilt will start to pull apart and will need to be resprayed. OR you can take the thing apart and quilt as you would normally.

NOW if its been sprayed with Sullivan\'s Basting Spray....its there till it is washed out, and is a very good product. (Its the one I use, and I have quilts that are 3 years old waiting to be quilted). If you know for sure that its Sullivan\'s and there are a few tucks with time, just get your steam iron out and start to work the bump, wabble, tuck from the point of problem to the edge...do not pull the fabric, that will cause more problems than if you had just left it alone. Some of the problems you can work out with the tip of the iron and they lay right back down. The steam of the iron reactivates the glue in the batting and things should just lay back down.

NOW when you load to the quilting frame....load with all three layers onto the front roller and the back take up roller...DO NOT pull tight...smooth yes, but not tight. All three layers are now acting as one so don\'t pull the back roller so that they start to pull apart and get wonky. You should be able to quilt without problem, just go slow and SHOULD you experience any needle drag, get out your "Sewers Aid" and lub up the needle.

If you need me I\'m just a phone call away.:)

Archived