Wheel Adjustments

Mary Beth

My Millie was a little thight in movement. I made sure there was no thread in the wheels. I clean them between every quilt so I know they are very clean. I started readjusting and I just can't get it. Now the wheels are loose and my stitches are really long in places. I know something needs to be tighter. I have read all of the instructions about a billion times. Do I just keep cranking around on the cams until I get it.

When trying to get the black encoder wheel in the right place I need to adjust the cams on the front of the carriage - right? I'm guessing the black encoder wheel is the problem with the stitches.

Mary Beth,

You need to adjust the cams on the front wheel of your lower carriage for your side to side movement. I usually set the cams so when you look down at the offset hole they are both positioned at about 10 o\'clock. Then go back to your back wheels and make sure that your encoder rubber wheel is tight into the carriage wheel, if it is slipping, then you can loosen the bolt that holds the carriage wheel on and squeeze the black box and carriage wheel together and retighten the bolt to hold everything in place. If you still can\'t get a smooth ride, you might need to change some wheels.

Take care,

Thanks Mark! I just called and spoke with Amy and she talked me through everything. I cannot get the little gold bolt unscrewed from the bottom of the encoder side of the wheel, so am saving that for DH. She explained just what you did so I will work on it later and hopefully get it fixed.

Thank you both. I think I have a better understanding of how this thing works...finally :)

Archived