Road to California Quilt Show

I just like to take a minute to say what a great time you can have at this quilt show. It's held in January in Ontario Cal. It's so great if you live in a cold part of the country because you can fly in and the hotel (which I love) Ayres country Suites picks you up at the airport. The hotel is right next door to the airport. Each morning they have loads of fresh fruit like watermellon, cantaloupes,and even fresh Mexican papaya. They cook you fresh eggs and all too. The beds are great. It's so handy to be so close. the hotel has a nice restaurant that serves good fresh type food for very reasonable prices. They also put out fresh cookies that are low calorie just kidding and fresh apples.

Now for the classes. they have lots of great classes. I especially love to take the classes sponsored by sewing machine companies. they provide the machines and a kit for the stuff. It's a blast to try out a new machine and do something totally new and you don't have to worry about dragging a machine around.

The vendor mall is a real treat. Leave a good day to see it. The quilt show is great too and you will see a very high level of quilting

Now for the added benefits for those of us who live in colder places the weather is beautiful. Flowers are blooming and you feel like your cat sitting outside eating lunch and soaking up the sun. The palm trees and beautiful mountains can be seen from the second floor of the convention center.

Team up with some of your friends and reserve a room now for next year then watch for when the classes are listed at the Road to California web site in early July. Act fast as popular classes fill up fast.

I've been going for 5 years and think it's really a great winter break. Hope to see you next year. Cheryll

I made a little mistake in saying the hotel is next to the airport it\'s actually right next door to the convention center. You do not need a car so this saves money for the vendor mall. Next year\'s date is January 15-18. I recommend flying in the day before. The hotel rate is 99.00 a day for two beds. Not bad considering breakfast is included. I love this hotel the people who work there are so helpful and nice. I notice lots of pilots stay there so there is a little eye candy too.

Archived