DIGITIZING IN ARTISTA

Thanks. I tried several variations of your suggestions, but it still won\'t let me digitize the letters in anything other than a satin stitch. I may just have to do it by hand, which will take a long time. The software may not be programed to do it. I don\'t know a lot about digitizing, but would like to get better at it. I guess doing this will give me some practice. . .

Pat

Hi Pat,

AutoDigitizing in Artista (and in every other embroidery digitizing software for that matter) will only work for filled shapes. If an image has lines or filled regions doesn\'t make a difference: for the software it will all just be pixels, which will be considered as filled objects.

But (also from the top of my head) you could perhaps enlarge the image, AutoDigitize it and then select the created (filled) objects, turn the fill off and turn the outline on. Apply a triple stitch or outline stitch to the selected object. That will leave empty space inside the outlines though, so I guess you are better off using the outline tool and tracing the handwriting: that is also the best way to create controlled jumps.

Loes

(author of various embroidery digitizing tutorials - http://www.artistitch.com )

Archived