Hi there. I am about to make a DWR for my uncle who has just got married. Who knows which Anniversary they will be celebrating when they get it! I am looking for any tips on the piecing, or a great pattern to follow. I usually strip piece, but I am always willing to learn a new technique!! So if anybody has a pattern to recommend i would love to hear from you! Thank you all so much.

OK, I\'ll switch posts too. I love your double wedding ring picture, Merry Jo. The quilting is gorgeous! Thanks. I will have to keep my quilting fairly simple as it will be done on my dsm. (My dream is a longarm, but I don\'t see it in the near future.) I\'m pretty good with SID on straight seams, but the curved one are hard. I guess that\'s why I\'m having trouble deciding what to do.

I\'m going to try to post a picture of my pieced and unquilted top. I hope it shows up.

BusyBee, I have cats too. They show up in many of my quilt and sewing pictures. Yours (the cat and the quilt) are beautiful! And JollyJane, I used John Flynn\'s method to piece my quilt as well. It wasn\'t easy, I don\'t think a double wedding ring is, but I can\'t imagine cutting and piecing all those arc pieces separately. With John Flynn, you strip piece and then resew to get the angle for an arc. I started it in December and finished Saturday.

Again, thanks to all for your advice.

decrease size to 25%

Took me since last March till Dec. to do the Piecing. It was hard at first till I got the hang of what when where to make sure it all lined up. Thank goodness for some fabrics had a give in it to make the right spot and sew. I was thinking of doing a smaller ring quilt as a baby quilt or lap. If I wait too long I may forget what I did to make it work. lol Senior moments. Much easier now then later. Nita

OK, I\'m one of those stubborn people. When I can\'t do something it drives me nuts. So here I am trying to post this picture again even though I may be the only one who cares. :) It\'s certainly not that I think everyone has to see it.

I\'ve resized it. It\'s blog size, 318x239. When I try making it smaller, it blurs the image.

If my picture doesn\'t show up in my post, would someone please let me know what I\'m doing wrong or where I can go to find specific directions on how to post a picture. I searched these posts last night and couldn\'t find anything. I\'ve posted pictures here before without trouble.

JollyJane,

There\'s a paper pieced pattern on McCallsquilting.com that looks about as easy as you can get on piecing a DWR. It\'s a free pattern under the Grandmother\'s legacy tab I think. I printed it out for a friend about a month ago. Beats the heck outa templates! Take a look!

Archived