Off beat Pop-up from Innovations Fabric Challenge

Hi Debbi,

As you can see, I am a newbie to the forum. I don\'t know who Cindy is or how to contact her. I would like to let someone know about the problem, none of us needs to deal with any more "stuff" than we already have in our busy lives. Please advise of how to report the problem and how to contact Cindy. Thanks, Dixie

I am familiar with her name, now that I have all of it . . . I just hadn\'t made the connection with Innovations. I will e-mail her, although now I certainly don\'t think that site has any direct connection with the pop-up since so few of us have seemed to had it come up. I would suspect it\'s some kind of a random thing but don\'t really "know". That is why I asked if anyone else had it happen. It will be interesting to see what follows. Thanks so much for the info. Dixie

Okay, I didn\'t click on it to open it, but now I keep getting these security alert messages and IE keeps trying to open. I did some checking and it is coming from somewhere called safenavweb and it is a spyware program. I didn\'t have it until that scary thing from Innovations popped up.

I\'m in the process of downloading highjackerkiller right now to try to get rid of it.

Hi Teresa,

I haven\'t had that happen . . . yikes, I try to protect my system like an overprotective & watchful mother! I will stay alert and wary, to odd occurances. I hope the folks at Sew Batik or Innovations or whom ever can track the link and get it removed! I did go back and try the Sew Batik link when Debbi wrote about contacting Cindy. Maybe my system is blocking that page now, it gave me an error message and said that it couldn\'t be opened. Computers are such a handy tool and I enjoy the entertainment, but the whole "sabatoge" side of the Internet I could sure do without!!!!! PITA!!

Archived