Trouble with HF

Persephannie

Hello everyone. I\'m having some trouble with my hartley fence. It came with my machine when I purchased it last year, and I\'ve never used it before. My Ult II doesn\'t have the pre-drilled holes for the HF to hook up to. I\'m missing the page in my HF instructions (page 2 part A.2) that I think may explain how I\'m supposed to modify my machine to make it work with the HF. Is there anyone out there who has had to do this and can help me? Where is it safe to drill? Can I just attach a bracket of some kind? Pictures would be really helpful as I find the instructions in the booklet (what instructions I have) to be confusing. If this doesn\'t work out soon, I may be tempted by the CL... :) Thank you.

Thank you to those who responded to my request. I contacted the customer service department at APQS over the phone and they faxed me the manual right away. It turns out that I have the wong manual! The one I have is for the Ult I and they faxed me the one for the Ult II. Sheri, it turns out that on the Ult II, you do NOT move your front wheels forward (if you did, they would slide off of the tracks!), but you drill 4 small holes behind the front right wheel, 13" from the front of the machine and 1/4"from the top of the machine. You then scew the adapter into the four holes and attach the idler arm to the adapter. If there are any Ult II owners out there who can\'t figure out the HF, send me an email and I can help you. APQS customer service is AMAZING! :)

Archived