gift certificates

I have been getting some good business lately from a former customer who now works at a fabric store & is referring her customers to me. This job does not seem to leave her much time to quilt anymore, but still I\'d like to thank her by offering a discount on her next one. How do you all do this? A certain amount off for each referral, one big discount, what? Ideas, please. Thanks in advance, you guys are the best!

I give 25% off of quilting services only for a referral. I don\'t discount my thread, design, binding, batting or other charges. So if I quilt a 60 by 80 quilt at .016 per square inch, the regular cost is 76.80...with a 25% discount of $19.20, the quilting service fee would be $57.60 but then I add back my other non-discounted charges of thread, batting, binding, etc.

I know some la quilters don\'t like discounts but customers seem to really like to see a "discount" amount at the bottom of their invoice.

You could also give a "gift certificate" of say $25.00 off any order over $125.00. Either works well for business and the customer feels special.

The wonderful thing about your own business is that it is YOUR OWN!!! so you can do what moves you!

Good Luck - I\'m sure she will appreciate her discount or gift certificate! By the way, MS Word, Works, Publisher etc have some great templates for gift certificates.

Archived